Thursday, December 13, 2012

General Talk - Winter Is Almost Here

Geee's... time is just like gone. Time... what is time?? I have none of it lately! I can't believe it's the last day of the 2nd week of December already! Just another week or so and it's officially winter and just a couple days past that it's Christmas.

What do you have planned for your Christmas meal this year? Share with us! My blog might not be very well known yet but I hope that will change and your comments will make it better! I would love to hear from those of you that are living the gluten free life and those of you that must live it such as myself.

This Christmas we have decided to join my parents at their place for dinner this year. We're going to go over early, 9 or 10 in the morning so that we have lots of time for yummy cooking while the 'boys' go about setting up a new wifi router for my father as his Christmas present this year.

We're planning on going traditional and since we don't celebrate Thanks-giving out here, we opted for a turkey for a change. Hubby doesn't care too much for ham or pork type meats at all and it's way too salty for my mother so we decided a turkey would be the way to go and lots of left overs for both families.

I'm going to go about making a home-made stuffing recipe with gluten free white bread, sage and onions. Lots to stuff the bird and lots to make another pot to bake off after the bird. We're going to make home-made garlic mashed potatoes and don't forget the home-made cranberry sauce! And to top it all off perhaps we'll attempt making a from scratch pumpkin pie but I some how think with the rest of the dinner, we'll end up with something easier like pumpkin spice bars or something more cake-ish. I don't know if we'll have enough energy or want to try attempting a home-made pie crust and then figuring out home-made pumpkin filling using real pumpkin and not canned as we simply do not have that out here.

I intend to bring my camera with so that we can take photos of our adventure since the cooking part is really going to be my mother and mine while the boys are off playing with their computers and electronics... besides I can't help but think sometimes to the days that I won't have her around any more and I want to capture some of these moments while I can. Christmas is certainly the way to go.

So, to cap it all up... here are some of the recipes that will come with Christmas this year... remember when you see something mentioned as a dish I'll be making and I've finally had the time to post about it, I'll come through and post a link to it.

Traditional Stuffed Turkey
Sage & Onion Stuffing/Dressing
Home-made Cranberry Sauce
Fresh Steamed Baby Carrots
Home-made Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Pumpkin Spice Cake/Bars w/ Cream Cheese Frosting

Today sometime I will be attempting to come back and post a recipe too. It's been way too long since I got any time to do this and I really have lots of photos and recipes on stock to put up. Just need the time and today with the cold, rain and wind, it would be a good day to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment